Sterilization is a big concern for me here at Malu Tattoo. I have an education in Environmental Health and have worked as a Health Inspector
and an Environmental Supervisor. I follow the practices as set by the The Alliance of
Professional Tattooists (APT). I adhere to Universal Precautions procedures as taught by the American Red Cross and APT.
The following is a list of standard practices at Malu Tattoo
- ALL needles, tattoo tubes, and grips are cleaned with an ultrasonic (which uses heat and sound vibration to clean.) The instruments are then
rinsed and packaged in individual autoclave bags with color change indicator strips. The bags are dated, initialed and run number indicated.
The bags are autoclaved (which uses pressure, and heat) to sterilize the instruments. The autoclave is spore tested monthly.
The autoclave bags are not opened until the tattoo machine is to be used.
- All dispensed items such as, inks, ink caps, ointment, etc. are single use only and disposed of after use.
- All tattoo needles are used ONCE and DISPOSED.
- Disposable exam gloves are worn for all tattoo work.
- The tattooing room is cleaned before and after each and every tattoo with a surface disinfectant and decontaminate.
© 1998- 2013 Malu Tattoo. All rights reserved. Design, layout, CSS, content and images may not be reproduced without written permission.