The skin on the hand and foot is much different from the skin on the rest of the body.
As such a tattoo on these areas has issues and consequences that are different from tattoos on other parts of the body.
1. Tattoos on the hands and feet will spread more over time. All tattoos spread some due to migration
of the ink over time. Hands and feet tattoos will spread more and faster than tattoos located on other
parts of the body. Because of the spread issue, designs on the hands and feet must be very graphic
in nature and cannot be too detailed. If they are very detailed and small within a short amount
of time the tattoo will loose it's definition and become blurred.
2. The body may not accept tattoos on the palms of the hand and soles of the foot.
Often a ring tattooed on a finger will not take well on the palm side leaving a patchy mess.
The same is true for the soles of the feet.
3. There is greater chance of infection associated with a hand or foot tattoo. Hands and feet get dirty,
we use them to do our daily tasks and to walk through the grimy city. Extra care and attention will need to be
paid during the entire healing time (1-3 weeks).
4. During the healing period you cannot wear any shoe or sock that will rub the healing tattoo.
If a sock or shoe rubs on an unhealed tattoo it can blur the tattoo or rub it out of the skin.
No nylon stockings can be worn while the tattoo heals, as they do not allow the tattoo to breath.
5. A healed tattoo can be rubbed out on the foot if the placement is such that your shoe will routinely rub it.
6. Diabetics cannot receive a tattoo below the knee due to issues with healing.
7. Tattoos on the hands and feet are PAINFUL! It is not recommended that your first tattoo be in
either of these locations.
8. There is no guarantee on tattoos on the hand or foot. All touch-ups will be at the expense of the client.
9. There is a handling charge for a hand or foot tattoo in addition to the actual application cost.
The handling fee is $100.00. The tattoo application cost will be dependant on the time it takes to
complete the application.
E-mail April Love if you have any other questions about hand and foot tattoos.
© 1998- 2013 Malu Tattoo. All rights reserved. Design, layout, CSS, content and images may not be reproduced without written permission.